Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente Guitar * David Russell Inlay * Hard Shell Plush Case
1 in stock
Your contribution provides children and families who are going through medical challenges with the healing gift of music, musical instruments, compassion, love and hope. We make these gifts available to those in need.
This amazing guitar features a beautiful David Russell inlay. David is a famed classical guitarist and GRAMMY award winner.
This Guitar is Tax-Free and includes Free Shipping
Masterbilt Excellente – Antique Natural Aged – w/Hard Shell Plush Case
Perhaps the rarest Epiphone model ever made, only 139 Excellente acoustic guitars were produced between 1963-70. The beautifully ornate, top-of-the-line Excellente was made famous by country music legend Loretta Lynn, and now it returns as part of the new Masterbilt™ Collection. Featuring a solid Sitka spruce top, solid ovangkol back and sides, an ebony fingerboard with historic pearl cloud inlays, bone nut and saddle, and gold vintage-style Waffleback tuners. Powered by the Fishman® Sonitone™ onboard preamp system, it’s ready for the studio or stage. Featuring Gibson™ strings.
David Russell – 4th Lute Suite, BWV 1006a by J.S. Bach – Omni On-Location from Spain
Music Has Healing Power is a 501 (C) (3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by laws.
David Russell is a Glasgow born classical guitarist, known for his incredible tone and repertoire.
David is A GRAMMY award winner for his album Aire Latino: Latin American Music For Guitar. Concertgoers everywhere are in awe of his amazing talent, captivating stage presence, and his love of the craft which is evident in his seemingly effortless performance.
He has released 28 albums in his career, spanning from 1978 to present day.
- GRAMMY award winner for his CD AIRE LATINO in the category of best instrumental soloist in classical music.
- In November 2003 he was given the Medal of Honor of the Conservatory of the Balearics.
- Honorary Doctorate in Music by the University of Arizona in Tucson in 2014.
- Inducted into the Hall of Fame of the Guitar Foundation of America in 2018.
- After winning the grammy award, the town of Nigrán in Spain where he resides, gave him the silver medal of the town in an emotional ceremony.
- During his studies at the Royal Academy, David Russell won twice the Julian Bream Guitar Prize. Later he won numerous international competitions, including the Andrés Segovia Competition , the José Ramírez Competition and Spain’s prestigious Francisco Tárrega Competition .